God's Breathing Room for my Soul



I walk back and forth from the kitchen table to where I was sitting at least three times before I realize I have. I stop at 'my seat' and see the pile on the table. Before I can get overwhelmed, I notice my journal in the center of it all. Breathe...

I smile, slow, breathe and am calmed. It feels so good to be able to get there.

It was last November when I kept hearing God whisper to become slower. Mind you, I'm already at such a slow pace. My condition requires it. My doctors prescribe it. So, I'm thinking how much slower can I get. I trust God. I don't get it sometimes. It's painfully hard at times. But, I trust Him.

Faithfully, He shows me Psalm 61 and 62. I read about breathing room and I get it. Slowing my pace is only part of it. Lightening my load is a crucial part. Finding my support circle of women a very vital part.

I've done what I can...what He's asked of me.

Now, He wants me to let Him do His part. All I have to do is be with Him. Ah, now I get it. Become slower and just breathe. To find breathing room for my soul often. Embracing that breathing room by being with Him.

Whatever God has given us for this upcoming year in a word, anchor phrase, or verse. We can know that He is in the center of it all. It's going to be alright if we invite Him to be there. Just be with Him.

Hugs from Hawaii,
Jeri


Psalm 61 The Message (MSG)

3-5 You’ve always given me breathing room,
    a place to get away from it all,
A lifetime pass to your safe-house,
    an open invitation as your guest.
You’ve always taken me seriously, God,
    made me welcome among those who know and love you.

Psalm 62 The Message (MSG)

 1-2 God, the one and only—
    I’ll wait as long as he says.
Everything I need comes from him,
    so why not?
He’s solid rock under my feet,
    breathing room for my soul,
An impregnable castle:
    I’m set for life.


I'm joining my friend Bonnie for Coffee today

Beloved Brews Linkup