When All Your Days Roll into One




A few weeks ago, I sent a text to all the girls in my family. "Ever had one of those days when you thought it was another day? All day today I thought it was Tuesday!" My friends, it was Thursday.

By the time I sent it out I was already laughing at myself.

The days before, almost two weeks' worth of days. I was so exhausted that I felt like the days never ended. It was as if they all rolled into each other and created one never ending day. Ugh! I was going through the motions. I felt like a robot. I was an emotional mess when no one was around and a-okay when they were.

How did my days finally separate?

That Thursday, David came home from work and I asked him what day it was. "Thursday?! I thought it was Tuesday." Before he walked in the door I started to sob. He was so tender to comfort me. Minutes later, I started giggling. He started giggling. Then, of course I texted my girl-fam.

The best thing we can do for ourselves is to make sure we are taking time for us each day. But, in those times we forget to, we can surely know and trust that...

When all our days begin to roll into one,
When we mistake last week for this week,
When the time runs out before days' end,
When exhaustion makes us an emotional mess,

God will step in somehow, someway, and maybe even through someone. He loves us right where we are in our mess and chaos. We are never alone. He will set things right and put the pieces back together. All we have to do is rest in His arms and let Him restore us to refreshing.

Hugs from Hawaii,
Jeri


Soul Goodness 

Psalm 18:20-24
Msg
God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him. When I got my act together, he gave me a fresh start. Now I’m alert to God’s ways; I don’t take God for granted. Every day I review the ways he works; I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I’m watching my step. God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes. 

Msg
A David Psalm ] Godmy shepherd! I don’t need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. 
(more goodness: Jeremiah 31:25Joel 2:21-24)



I'm joining my friend Holley today.
Come on over and sip a cuppa.

 Holley's starts coffee for our hearts on Wednesdays.
Thank goodness she pours all week, as I sometimes stop by on Fridays.