A Sip of Kindness ~ #bekindtoyou



I wanted to drop you a sip of kindness. A gift of permission you can give yourself. Even for just five minutes. The way I think and see in my everyday has presented me a gift to unwrap. I had to share it with you.



The gift of self-kindness.
(We can do these together)


You can go ahead and rest for a bit.

You can take time for slow deep breaths with eyes closed.

You can make a cup of your favorite beverage and put your feet up until you run out of sips.

You can stop to whisper a breath prayer, "Jesus, thank you" or "Jesus, help me."

You can sit in complete quiet and do nothing before they get home.

You can thumb through your magazine or read a chapter in that book.

You can lay on the couch like a rag doll and just be.

You can look at yourself in the mirror and smile...for no reason.

You can be easier on yourself.

You can stop thinking you have to exhaust yourself to be doing a good job.


Go ahead. Yes, you can. Yes, you are totally allowed. Be kind to you and you will in turn be kind to the ones around you. I'll practice with you.

#bekindtoyou


Philippians 4:6-7The Message (MSG)

6-7 Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. 
Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
psst...Let me know how you practice self-kindness. How has it affected others? Oh, and do let me know if you try one or more of these this week. I'd love to hear about it.

Hugs from Hawaii,
Jeri




Come visit the communities where I find refreshing


I'm joining my friend Holley today.
Come on over and sip a cuppa.

 Holley's starts coffee for our hearts on Wednesdays.
Thank goodness she pours all week, as I sometimes stop by other days. 


Come have coffee with Bonnie over at her place
 For a good 'shot' of Faith. 

Whitespace Community Linkup @ faithbarista.com
Bonnie starts each Thursdays and pours all week long.



On Fridays, 
Share your own way of creating with Jen over at I Believe in Love

Once a month my wonderful friend Jenn from StudioJRU comes over too