My Journey to Rest brings Finding Spiritual Whitespace


"Finding spiritual whitespace isn't about carving out an hour of time to escape the things that stress us out. It's the opposite. It's getting away from everything we do to distract ourselves from all the hidden pieces - in order to nurture our soul." ~ Bonnie Gray (pg 49)



From my heart to yours...


Before the book arrived // The remembering begins

God had been helping me revisit some parts of my little girl years. The parts that were jumbled up in my memory. Moments that bring back the kind of heart hurt that feels semi-fresh. The last time I went through a remembering like this, I was 20 and expecting our second son. It all came flooding back, but I did nothing with it. I soldiered on. I don’t know why. 

Someone to tell // She doesn’t judge me ~ We all need ones like her

Last year, I shared with her about my childhood. The ugly, mess, and chaos. I feel safe with her, because she hears all the junk and never holds it against me. She helps me process through in words and prayer. Somehow our times together give me a sense of release and I see these things with purpose and possibility. I wrote her again because Bonnie’s book brought back a second flood. This time I want to go through it with God.





I am ready // I was being made ready ~ Maybe you too

He planned this season for me. Sometimes I don’t want to pick up her words. Words God gave her for ones like me. Maybe you too. I feel the pull to pick it up anyway. I pray and praise for the blessing of walking through this with Him and with someone else who is coming through too. Bonnie is doing this scared-brave. Sharing her ugly, mess, and chaos in hopes of helping others.

Warm sparkling light and Cool fresh Air // Opening up little by little

I write my friend that as I read Bonnie’s book, I feel as if something was stuck closed and is slowly cracking open. Fresh air is breezing in. I see God’s light warmly sparkling over the dark parts of my ‘room’ where I can now sit with God. I can’t always sit there long, but I can go there now. I’m less afraid. I see now, this is the time of receiving from God. The warm light inches slowly across my ‘room’ and amongst the ugly, mess and chaos there are pretty things. Wonders are there. Joys too. 


Finding Spiritual Whitespace - Awakening Your Soul To Rest by Bonnie Gray


Finding Spiritual Whitespace // Awakening Your Soul To Rest ~ Take your time

Bonnie’s words serve as our “guidebook” through our hard places. Words full of grace that offer to sit with us as we take the time we need to process. I love what she encouraged her book club to do in taking only “2 chapters a week to savor and listen to their hearts as they read…to journal the questions”. 

My soul is craving rest. The kind God brings to soothe and ease. Maybe you feel unsettled too. You can’t explain it. I pray reading Bonnie’s book will take you through what you need to heal and live on.

Hugs from Hawaii,
Jeri



Communities where I find refreshing

Joining a few friends this week. Come on over ...


Whitespace Community Linkup @ faithbarista.com

Come have coffee with Bonnie over at her place
 For a good 'shot' of Faith. 
She starts each Thursdays and pours all week long.


On Fridays, Come and join me with Jen over at I Believe in Love
once a month my wonderful friend Jenn from StudioJRU comes over too
Share your own way of creating here.




 Holley's starts coffee for our hearts on Wednesdays.
Thank goodness she pours all week, as I stop by on Fridays. 
Come on over and sip a cuppa.