Go Find Our Quiet :: #gofindourquiet

Finding my quiet on a Mother's Day drive
before our grown sons came over

Sometimes, we have to go and find our quiet. The kind that stills and refreshes our souls. The kind that feels so good you can't help but close your eyes and soft smile. I'm always learning on my journey. In this season, four vital go's have become my go-to's.

Our first vital 'go' is to be with God. We just need to go be there with God and let the quiet overwhelm us. Here is where the processing begins. Let the words start when they're ready to fall out. Let the silence still you when it tugs to say nothing and just be there with Him. Tears may come. Joy may come. Embrace it. Rest will definitely come.

Our second vital 'go' is me time. Yes, indeed. Insert huge smile. Our 'me time' is when we give time to what we truly enjoy. What do we truly enjoy? What leaves us feeling refreshed? What causes us to happy sigh spontaneously? Let's make our own lists and keep it close. Make note of the ones that require short and long periods of time so we can refresh as we need.

Our third vital 'go' is actual rest. Lay down, nap, sit back with our feet up. We may only be able to grab a few seconds, a few minutes, or sometimes longer.

Our fourth vial 'go' is good people. The ones who lift us up. Our encouragers. They make us laugh and even until our stomach's hurt. We feel better after having had time with them.

Let's make this week our new beginning. This is the kind of Major change that fills our souls.

I'd love to hear the ways you find your quiet. Please do sit a bit and share your thoughts with me.

Hugs from Hawaii,
Jeri

    Psalm 46:10 (MSG)
    Attention, all! See the marvels of God
    He plants flowers and trees all over the earth, Bans war from pole to pole, breaks all the weapons across his knee. “Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything.” 
    Jeremiah 2:25
    “Slow down. Take a deep breath. What’s the hurry? Why wear yourself out? Just what are you after anyway? But you say, ‘I can’t help it...."


A few times I found my quiet this week

(my #gofindourquiet captures are on IG and Flickr
do share yours with me as well)

a short few minutes in my fave spot
before they all come home

whispered a prayer of gratitude in the stillness

just before the clean up...right after they've gone to sleep

Happy sighs watching the day turn to night
waiting for David to grab dinner

Breathing deeply in this still small moment
just before we begin our sunset walk


Communities where I find refreshing


Joining a few friends this week. Come on over ...



You're invited to join me, my sweet friend Holley
and a few other ladies for coffee every Wednesday.
Sometimes I stop by a day or two later *blush*


Whitespace Community Linkup @ faithbarista.com

Come have coffee with Bonnie over at her place
 For a good 'shot' of Faith. 
She starts each Thursdays and pours all week long.


On Fridays, Come and join me with Jen over at I Believe in Love
once a month my wonderful friend Jenn from StudioJRU comes over too
Share your own way of creating here.