Embracing Fragility


Fragility:

Easily broken, damaged, or destroyed; frail
Lacking physical or emotional strength; delicate.
Lacking substance; tenuous or flimsy


Weakness: 

The state or quality of being weak.

A deficiency or failing, as in a person's character.


A self-indulgent fondness or liking.



Mind Clutter

Parts of my life journey shaped me to be and handle life in ways that weren't kind to my
true self:

To be outgoing when truly I'm a social introvert. 
To be in charge, when I thrive more in helping those in charge. 
To run with the pack, when I had so many ideas and thoughts outside the lines. 
To put on that good front never taking time to process the pain. 


Stifled, stagnant...broken. 


My weaknesses and fragility
We tend to view weakness and fragility as a negative qualities. When in actuality both are a part of who we all are. Counselors if you will. Who keep us safe from the harms of doing or being in ways that we aren't wired to.

My fragility is in undiagnosed illness and unannounced exhaustion. 

My mental weaknesses are worry, stress, overcare.

My spiritual weaknesses at times are faithlessness and legalism.

My emotional fragility is in distrust from a failed past.

Awakening
I was stunned as I read the days' devotional telling me that I was gifted with fragility. What?! Me fragile? Isn't that being weak?It took awhile for me to let that sink in.  I pray and realize that healthwise, I am fragile, and it affects other areas of my well-being.

"Lord, why do I have to be fragile while others are gifted with whole health?" We sit in silence together. I'm not alone. He's with me. I feel His warm understanding of my complaint.

I read on to find life words describe fragile as weakness that...
stirs God's compassion for me,  
'opportunities for my spirit to blossom',  
'a sacred treasure',  
'delicate, yet glowing with brilliant light'.

Truth and those that heal
God is steady in His promise that all these and more are opportunities for Him to showcase his strengths and shine His healing light.

I'm finding that in fragility others strengths make them a vital part of my life. Their gifts make whole what I lack. I find community in those who share my fragility and also others who want to cheer me on as I become.

On a new journey
I struggle, but am not afraid to steady on this journey of embracing my fragility. He reminds me of His promises and that I too, even in this condition, have strengths gifted from Him to unwrap with others.

For You
I encourage you today to embrace your fragility, your weaknesses ... in His presence ... and let Him change your heart perception.

Life Words
2 Corinthians 12:9 -10

My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.

Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. 

I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. 
It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. 

Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, 
these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks.

I just let Christ take over! 
And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.




Come on Over...

I am being encouraged here 



and

 Invited to express my creative self here

StudioJRU