When You Think No One Hears You


I felt totally disabled. I couldn't think straight or get it together. I was completely exhausted from interrupted sleep the night before. I think all I got was about an hour of straight sleep along with a few minutes here and there.

The morning was so chaotic. It was all too much and I was completely overwhelmed. I prayed and tried to get to stillness, but it wasn't working. I gave up. Why keep on trying. I wrote a quick note to God in my journal,

"Do you really hear me, Lord?" 

A few more words made it on to the page. 

"No more please." 
"What more?" 
"What else?" 
"I need help. 
Will you help me?"

I lifted my head out of my hands and peeled myself off the floor. I opened up my devotional and this was the verse for that day:

"... Because I your God, have a firm grip on you and I'm not letting go. I'm telling you, Don't panic. I'm right here to help you." Isaiah 41:13

I lingered in those life words. He actually heard me and answered!

I read it over and over out loud until I felt my soul stand up again. My spirit now a little less dampened. I left the page open and went back to it every so often throughout that day.


Finally, I said aloud, "Okay, Jesus. I believe you. It's all going to be okay. You're holding my hand. Give me what I need to live out today."

Today, I pray you'll lift your head out of your hands and peel yourself off from your floor, bed, chair. Jesus wants you to be honest about where your heart and life is at. It's safe to be who and where you truly are with Him. It's safe to have real feelings, good and ugly with Him. 


Soul Refreshment:
Isaiah 41:14 ~ Do you feel like a lowly worm, Jacob?
                            Don't be afraid.
                         Feel like a fragile insect, Israel?
                            I'll help you.
                         I God want to reassure you.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you've quietly slipped in to slip out - thank you more than you know. So glad to have you here.

"Reactions" buttons have been added above the comments. These keep you anonymous. Cool right?! Another fun and creative way to take part here.