For the Weekend ~ Guest Post by David

I remember growing up and hearing Dad jokingly say about Mom on Mother's Day... "She's not my mother."  So, like the good son that I am, I carried on that tradition while at the same time believing the "truth" behind the joke.  



I didn't really see the need for me to honor Jeri during this time; thinking that it's an intimate time reserved for a son/daughter to honor their mother.  But God worked on my heart (after 40 years and 40 months or so, lol) and showed me that a Mother, most importantly, Jeri, should be recognized and appreciated for their unceasing caring and nurturing ... each and every day!  

I love my Mom for all she's done and continues to do for me; 
I love Jeri for her love for our sons; 
Mele for loving our grandchild.  

God's Word promises us His perfect, omnipresent, omniscient, agape love.  It enfolds us in so many ways.  Yet never is it so evident than with a mother's love for their child.  In the way they sacrifice and serve their child in delivering a love so strong yet so soft, it is evident that they are truly God's chosen vessel.

Thank you Sweetie for allowing God to love our sons (and sooooo many others) thru you.


With You in Mind:

Happy Mother's Day to all of you ... even if you're not my mother.  =0)


Soul Refreshment:

Isaiah 54:8 ~ It's with lasting love that I'm tenderly caring for you.

Deuteronomy 32:10 ~ He found him out in the wilderness, 
      in an empty, windswept wasteland. 
   He threw his arms around him, lavished attention on him, 
      guarding him as the apple of his eye. 
   

He was like an eagle hovering over its nest, 
      overshadowing its young, 
   Then spreading its wings, lifting them into the air,
      teaching them to fly. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you've quietly slipped in to slip out - thank you more than you know. So glad to have you here.

"Reactions" buttons have been added above the comments. These keep you anonymous. Cool right?! Another fun and creative way to take part here.