{Lingering} Getaway


My ideal getaway is a beach house with nearby mountains. I can just hear the morning waves gently rolling in and ebbing back out to sea. I can smell the fresh ocean air and feel the cool sand under my feet. The sun warming my face.


A hike after lunch would be awesome. The winding trails with blue sky peeking in through the trees. I can hear the wind playing the leaves softly like tambourine. There goes Shadow checking out all the smells that lure him here and there. 


I'm not even there, but just thinking about it calms me and makes me smile. 


Soul Refreshment:


Psalm 27:4-5 talks about the perfect getaway ~ 
I'll contemplate his beauty; I'll study at his feet.
That's the only quiet place, secure place in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway, far from the buzz of traffic.


Quiet, Secure, Far From it all:


We can all use a little quiet in our everyday moments. I find myself grabbing a minute to breathe here or a little longer to close my eyes and whisper a prayer there. 


So many of our blessings can make us feel inadequate, insecure and the noisy voices of opposition will grow louder if not for purposeful quiet:


Am I a doing a good enough job? 
Is my work up to my bosses expectations?
If I love him...her...them, how could I have said that?
Am I doing enough for my kids, spouse?
Why would anyone want to see my art, talent or need my skill?


That perfect getaway, in the quietness with Jesus, is where the buzz of our thought traffic is quieted until silenced. In His presence, He can reassure us, encourage us, and speak the Truth about us into our hearts. Refreshing our souls. Redirecting our thoughts.


With You in Mind:
As soon as an opposing thought comes to mind, getaway quickly. Even if just to close your eyes for a second to be stilled and reminded of who you really are.

For Fun:
If you could go anywhere for a getaway where would that be?
Could you possibly pre-plan your daily getaways? If so, what would that look like for you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you've quietly slipped in to slip out - thank you for taking the time to visit.