Anticipation Part II ~ Change of Plans

Saturday morning was off to a great start. A slow flow kind of start. Though I've changed my lifestyle, fatigue and exhaustion are my thorns. I inhaled the sweet quiet. Ah...healing fragrance to my healing soul. 

The thorns in my side remind me to keep my plans flexible. They give ample warning before it takes me over full force. The quiet stillness with my God, our God, slows me physically, spiritually, and mentally.

My habit being broken is one of running over the day's tasks/activities and setting it in stone. A wonder I've discovered is how doing so brings stress and anxiety. A joy I've unwrapped is keeping God's heart for me at the forefront of my plans. The gifted wonder and joy of letting it roll of my shoulders breathes life into me and showers me with grace.

Full disclosure: I'm a woman who forgets to tap into that wonder and joy from time-to-time. Heck, from moment-to-moment even. I thank God even for these times. I see my weakness and it's an opportunity to run to Him again and again. To run to community.

So I'm completely excited to share that our plans for the weekend did not go as planned. But, the fun I anticipated did happen. We were gifted with the morning and unexpectedly gifted with all of this and them too... My heart is full.


Instead I played with my little man..

Listened to her share about her dreams & watched him learn new things...

Made memories with my best friends



Laughed until it hurt



Lord, I pray that in plans altered or failed we begin to see opportunities to let Your plans prevail in small and big ways. Amen.


Soul Refreshment:
Isaiah 53:8 ~ "I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work."


Isaiah 55: 12 ~ "So you'll go out in joy, you'll be led into a whole and complete life."


Repeat Soul Refreshment: I see these life words differently since Saturday
Proverbs 19:21 ~ We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, 
   but God's purpose prevails.


Isaiah 65:18 ~ Look ahead with joy. 
   Anticipate what I'm creating:
I'll create Jerusalem as sheer joy, 
   create my people as pure delight.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you've quietly slipped in to slip out - thank you more than you know. So glad to have you here.

"Reactions" buttons have been added above the comments. These keep you anonymous. Cool right?! Another fun and creative way to take part here.