Where Do I Start?


With You in Mind:


The days may have been rough this week. People may have been tough. Everything that could go wrong might have. You may have held your head in your hands more times than you can count. 


Maybe your eyes are tired, swollen, dim. Maybe your body aches. Yes, even your hair hurts.
When you open your eyes you see nothing. When you stand you feel nothing. You want to ask for help, but where to start. Where do you start? 


Today I pray you reach your hand upward because Jesus wants to take hold of yours. Today, I pray you know He's been there before. He knows and understands all of it. I pray you know how much He loves you. He truly does.


I pray an honest whisper with you today, "Jesus, where do I start?" 


Let's just linger there for as long as we need to. I can't promise it will all go away. I can't promise the pain will stop this moment. But, I can promise He does hear us and will start to work on an answer right away. He will surprise us with His love.


Then, I breathe these words with you, "Jesus, I don't feel like it right now, but I say thank you for all you will do for me." 


Now, let's just linger here. It hurts, I know. But bring yourself to a place of trusting that He can...He will...and He wants to for you. There is no shame here with Him. Let the tears fall. Let the emotions be real. 


Let's just start there for now and linger in it with Him.


Soul Refreshment:


Isaiah 26:16-18 ~ 
O God, they begged you for help when they were in trouble, when your discipline was so heavy they could barely whisper a prayer.



1 Thessalonians 2:12 ~ 
With each of you we were like a father with his child, holding your hand, whispering encouragement, showing you step-by-step how to live well before God, who called us into his own kingdom, into this delightful life.


1 Kings 19:12 ~ 
...and after the fire a gentle and quiet whisper.