Insecure and Empty ~ Secure and Full


That morning I read through Psalm 23 in my message bible. I reminded myself to be awake to the life words on the page and found myself lingering with Him, with Jesus. 


I read verses 1-2 and prayer flowed spontaneously. "But Jesus, I feel like I need so much. I feel so empty. How do I get to where I don't need a thing?" Verse 4 tugged at my heart and again, "I don't feel secure. When the challenges come I'm a wreck. As soon as the trial hits I freak!"


Well, by then I'd had enough. I sat there feeling hopeless and a failure in being a woman, wife, and mom. A ton weighted me down and shutting down was my first defense. I didn't realize though that I had made one awesome decision that morning. I had chosen to linger with Jesus in it. The next few minutes would refresh my soul.


My eyes fell on these words in verse 5, "You revive my drooping head". I felt my heart jump. I realized I wasn't looking up when I felt empty. I hadn't set my eyes on His gift of security and safety. No wonder! I took another look and slowly waded through all of Psalm 23. Before, I knew it I was soaking in strength. He truly was reviving me. 


He was calling me to linger in His truth of protection, provision and love. He wanted me to remain in Him until I caught my breath. I saw that He wouldn't leave me guessing on what to do. Verse 4 promised He would "send me in the right direction" when I felt insecure and empty.


Let's just say since it's still a continuous adventure. But, life is an ongoing process and it's okay as long as I keep on. There are many times I want to be the problem solver and find "stuff" to fill my empty. In those times, I can trust that He'll remind me to look up in prayer and to look into His life words. 




He never fails to take me from insecure and empty to secure, safe, and full. 


Do you relate to that fearful insecurity and unsatisfied emptiness?
Will you let Him take you to security, safety, and a full life? 
Will you let Him take you often?

We'll live in this process together.

Whether you've quietly slipped in to slip out or join in the commenting conversation ~ we're so glad to have you share in our everyday.



Soul Food:


Lamentations 3:28-30 ~ 


When life is heavy and hard to take, 
   go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer. Don't as questions:
   Wait for hope to appear.
Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face.
   The "worst" is never the worst.