{Unwrapping Jesus} ~ Resting in His Righteousness


Resting in Jesus gifted me with being a part of this moment - okay, I'm tearing now.



Soul Refreshment
Galatians 5:22-23 ~

But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.
Rest every chance I get to:
I’m looking forward to seeking out rest every chance I can throughout this holiday season. I want to soak in the people I love and be completely present in being with them. I don’t want to miss their personalities, quirks, the beauty of their individual characteristics, and the hugs. Oh yes, definitely the hugs. 
The more mindful I become of resting in soul, body, spirit, and mind I find myself more grateful, compassionate, and in tune to those around me. Selflessness is a freeing rest.  I experience more of His grace, as help, for my everyday details. 
But first...
Letting go of self-righteousness (justification): The Unrest
I must let go of past hurts, scars, and injustices. Holding on to them imprisons me to experience the pain constantly. It puts me under the control of that pain to the point I justify my anger and bitterness. It robs me of the joys He gives me. It steals the quality of my encouraging relationships. It keeps me in the dark and under the covers. Self-righteousness pulls inward. It brings turmoil devoid of rest.
His righteousness (justification): Complete Rest
I sincerely choose to open my hands and let God take them all. As quick as He’d like to. Letting go positions me to heal, forgive, and become. Letting go doesn’t make what was done right. It releases me to freely receive the gifts of His righteousness. His justification. He will create a right heart in me and with Him. I will focus on what matters most. The distractions of the past will become blessings for my present and future. 
He lovingly tailors those blessings to each of our unique needs. Now that is a revealing of how He loves each of us individually.
The key is to let go each time it occurs. An offense may happen soon as you are done reading this. Let go to be free and stay freed.
Be free to enjoy what He came here for. Here is where complete soul rest exists. Here is where it is freely available.
His birth and death reminds me to hope often:
His birth gifts me with a life of affection, exuberance, and serenity. A life better and fuller than what I would choose if I hold on. 
He was born and died so I could be free to love, give, receive, create, play and laugh as worship to Him. What a gift. What a beautiful and freeing gift. 
A prayer for us:
Lord, I pray that each of us receive your gifts of righteousness, joy and peace this season. That this will be the start of a truly free life. Help us to let go of each hurt, scar, and injustice of the past and present. Help us to let go of those who have done wrong to us as well. Let your forgiveness wash through our souls. Blow away those dark clouds that have hung over us too long. Shine your love, selflessness, creativity, laughter and ability to enjoy into our lives. Remind us to continually thank you for the littlest joys in our everyday. In Your Name, Jesus, Amen. 
Woohoo!!!


More Soul Refreshment from Bonnie's post on Monday:


Luke 2:11-12 
“A Savior has just been born…This is what you’re to look for: a baby wrapped…

This season I'm looking for rest that frees me to enjoy His gifts. 
What are you looking for?


Bonnie's inviting everyone to unwrap Jesus all December long.