Refreshing Day 21 ~ It Just Takes One to Refresh


"You're a good daughter-in-law." She says, to me. "You're my favorite daughter-in-law", she adds. We both laugh so hard. It never gets old. You see, I'm married to her only son! Then she says, "You really are a good daughter-in-law" and if I'm with her, she hugs me really tight.

She has spoken so much life into me. We don't always agree on everything. She has her way of doing things and I have mine. 


Years of sharing past struggles bonded a trust. That trust helped blossom a friendship filled with words that encourage me to be me.

She called tonight. We made plans for dining out on Thanksgiving. We laugh at forgetting things. She tells me she rubs off on me. We say our I love you's and share how we miss each other.

Just her one phone call, an every day conversation and we both hang up refreshed.

Then, I call her. My daughter-in-law. I tell her about the plans made. I share how I love watching her interact with our grandson.

 I tell her, "You're a good Mother." I tell her that I notice she is...good. She tells me she loves to be with us. 

One more refreshing conversation of life-words..I pray I refresh my daughter-in-law as well. She says I do. I hope I do.

Life-words spoken in love refresh the soul to a sweetness that silences every opposing voice.



We can be that one voice of refreshing. 
Who needs to hear or read our life words today?

Maybe you need a refreshing voice to speak life into your world. 
Let Jesus quiet you with his love. 
Hear Him singing over you with delight! 


Soul Refreshment:

Zephaniah 3:17 ~ 

Your God is present among you,
   a strong Warrior there to save you.
Happy to have you back, he'll calm you with his love
   and delight you with his songs.


Click the photo for all the Days of Refreshing

Check out other 31 Dayers and their wonderful topics here.