Are we living sustainably? Vlog 2 - Social relationships

Are our relationships refreshing or depleting? Are we passionate about the organizations or causes we're associated with? Do we have a circle of support or mentors to lift us up when things get rough? Do we replenish or deplete others?

These are the questions I've started asking myself on my quest to wellness and well-being. It's been very cool to explore this area and become aware of my role in others' lives and the role others play in mine. It was perfect timing for this as this weekend,  I had an all girls' garden party and we attended a wedding where we saw old friends and hung out with loved ones close to our hearts.

David and I look forward to sharing this vlog and hearing from you as well. Enjoy!



5 comments:

Papi's Girl said...

I believe that becoming vegan makes us more conscious of not only our bodies but of our spirits. Along our journey of wellness we begin to detoxify in many areas of our lives. I have found it to be a powerful and profound journey and process. It has been a blessing and I feel like I am becoming free of many things that have made my life toxic. I totally agree with your post. I haven't watched the video yet but I will come back and watch it when I have a moment.

Sierra said...

I think even my relationship with myself has even gotten better since adopting a plant-based diet. Before I had extreme highs and lows, but I'm downright mellow now! That was exhausting, but now my energy stays pretty level. Also, the negative self-talk inside my head is going away and is being replaced by a voice that is saying that I could be useful, I could be a help to others, maybe I'm not such a loser after all. lol I think I might even be able to become a replenisher to others, since I'm not so focused on myself and not wasting so much energy on useless things anymore. Just some thoughts. :)

Unknown said...

@peasandlove - so true about energy levels balancing out, wanting to help others, knowing we have a purpose. I got chicken skin girl. what you shared is awesome! I totally relate to it. God Bless. Appreciate what you share here. Thank You :D

Cheryl Allen Salinas said...

I've just gotta say you guys are adorable! How refreshing to come across such positive, REAL people! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Cheryl. Looking forward to sharing more in the future.