GodsDreamsForMe is Writing From My Heart

"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart" - William Wordsworth

One of my favorite things to do on a peaceful day/night is to grab my guitar, songbook, and be with God.  Just being still and calm in His presence fills me with gratefulness for His love, the people in my life, and the world around me.

Songwriting and journaling are my expressive outlets. There are no rules and I'm free to express who I am, what I'm feeling, my thoughts, and my heart.  Writing from my heart opens me up to the largest spaces. I can abandon all expectations and the days living.  It's just me, the quiet room, a fresh page, and creativity. It's so rejuvenating.  My only audience is God and it's so freeing.  I can be thankful, angry, hurt, excited, however, I want to feel and be.

It's the same with blogging and articles. I'm passionate about the subject and issues and I really want to share them. Before I do that, it's just me and God. I make sure it's what I really want to share.  And I pray it'll make a difference and encourage someone.

So write, share, encourage, lift someone up. It might be a card or a letter. That would be so awesome for you to do.  God Bless and hope you enjoy what I share below. 

Here's one of the songs I wrote in a rough time...I sat with God to pray and ...

"Try A Little Thankfulness" copyright RagingFire4Christ Music

V1
How did I get to this place
I'm stuck inside this awful mood
How did I get here

I don't understand Just yesterday
Everything was fine, it was going so smoothly
What did I do Lord?

Br1
Everything inside me wants to stay here and cry
But You call me Lord
And I hear You

Chorus:
I try a little a thankfulness
Takes me to remembering Your faithfulness
and knowing that one day I'll be with You, Lord
In spite of my reality I think on all You've ever done for me
and I believe heaven waits for me.

V2
In the middle of this craziness
I just wanna get right back to You
How do I get there

Soothe the painfulness of this tired heart
Help me Lord I wanna get through this
What do I do Lord

B2
When everything inside me wants to stay here and cry
You call me Lord
And I hear you

3 comments:

Papi's Girl said...

Thank you for sharing. I am also very passionate about blogging, journaling and sharing my knowledge and wisdom with others. May God continue to pour out His spirit of love, creativity and compassion from you.

Unknown said...

I receive that blessing. Thank You Papi's Girl. Keep sharing. You keep encouraging my spirit. What's your blog? I'd love to check it out.

Dave @GodsDreamsForMe said...

whenever we performed that song it always received such wonderful responses. I have no doubt that God is really moving thru those lyrics.