Simple Joys Refresh

Simple joys are the best. I tend to look for the excitement in everything. These last few years of physical healing have also brought wholeness to my emotional well-being. Prayer, rest, relaxation, quieting down my thoughts, breathing deeply, and mindfulness have all become habits for slow flow joy


What are your simple everyday joys?


Psalm 23:3 - True to your word, you let me catch my breath (refresh me) and send me in the right direction.
The simple everyday joys are what really refreshes my soul. My whole being finds fullness in the wonder of simplicity. I made a choice to intentionally look for them in different ways. 

I search through my camera, listen for words, read words, observe expressions and gestures. I pick up my guitar and marvel at what it resonates back to me. The blank pages in my journal, song book, and idea folder call me to endless creative possibilities. It’s all so amazing! 


Creating and sharing brings me joy and refreshes me. Reading brings me joy and refreshes me by slowing me down.
In the middle of any craziness, I fall back on my refreshing activities and habits and I find joy again. 


Psalm 34:18 - Remembering God’s love for me
If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there; if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath (refresh).
Jeremiah 31:25 - Taking regular breaks...with snacks :D
I’ll refresh tired bodies; I’ll restore tired souls.
Philemon 1:7 - Your words in blogs, emails, books, comments, and letters
Friend, you have no idea how good your love makes me feel, doubly so when I see your hospitality to fellow believers.


Today’s simple joys in pictures:







watching him take it all in

Peppermint


New place mats

Surprise pkg from my brother
who works for L.A. Times
David's a 32-yr Laker Fan

Sammi's White Trash recipe, but dark chocolate and Vegan!


FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG
Faith topic 1/20-1/26: Is joy Easy or Hard for You?
January series: Soul Resolutions
Join in anytime, link up your relevant post, and just be you.



13 comments:

penguinsandladybugs said...

You totally rock! I love the beauty of your post. I think you have found some peace and balance and joy in your life. I plan to come back and hope I learn from you :)

Sheryl said...

Simple pleasures are amazing. I love your pairing of Scripture, specific examples and photos.

A friend and her dog are staying with me for a while. I've really enjoyed having them both around. Having a dog to pet and to sit on my lap while I work on things has been a great simple pleasure.

Unknown said...

@penguinsandladybugs - oh, I just love your name :D I'm smiling already. So glad to hang here with you. I'm encouraged by your post today as well. "Like-minded" as Phil 2 says. God Bless :D

@Sheryl - There's something about petting a dog that calms and fills. So glad they're staying with you. Enjoy the simple pleasure of it.

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts and pictures, Jeri! I too appreciate the everyday joys that make life so rich. I promise I'm not just trying to plug this, but you may enjoy a site where we share our praises and receive encouragement reading others. It's at http://www.everydaytestimony.com and it's all about expressing our thankfulness to God. :)

Blessings to you. Loved the post.

Unknown said...

@JasonS thanks so much for the link. I've already opened it up.

@Joy - it's so fast and easy. Even the cooling was quick.

Cherry Warrick said...

So refreshing to read this post ... the words and the photos bring a sense of peace, rest, and JOY! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

@Cherry, I'm breathing in those words - peace, rest and JOY! Amen :D

Monica Sharman said...

My brother is a long-time Laker fan, too (about 32 years!). I grew up in Carson and even went to a Laker game once.

Your joy and your alert observations are contagious.

Bonnie Gray said...

Dear Jeri - I had to learn to breathe too - literally when I had to unlearn stress and pushing myself when I'm empty. ;)

Thank you for the jewel of
Jer. 31:25
I’ll refresh tired bodies; I’ll restore tired souls.

I missed that & so glad you put it in your brew this week in the jam.
What gift!

Unknown said...

@Monica S. Both your bro n David are fans since the days of Magic J. So dedicated! We put some pics up on facebook too. Thank You for hangin' at the playground!

@Bonnie - unlearning stress, yes! I'm gonna keep that as my petite faith bite. Spirit to spirit I thank you.

Carissa said...

I like your pictures. Your pup is so sweet :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California :-)

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You, ~Ron

Unknown said...

@Carissa - from one animal lover to another, they are all so cute aren't they?!

@theoldgeezer - Thank you for stopping by the playground. I'll be sure to stop by and visit. Thank you for the invite :D