I Thrive in Solitude

One of our fave spots to reflect

I'm the kind of person that isn't shy, but is an introvert. What?! It's true. You can be introverted without being shy. Actually, I'm often told that I'm bubbly! Still, the more solitude time I get, the better I am with and for others.


  • I love being around people, but not for too long. It's overstimulating. I have to get away to refuel in the quiet or I shut down physically and emotionally. 
  • Big gatherings are kept at a minimum and I'm at my best if I only stay for 1-2 hours. Followed by quiet time. 
  • I flourish best with 1 or 2 people. I find I can focus and really listen in that setting. 
  • Time for reflection is key. It helps me process the days events. It also brings to memory all the joys and wonders.
  • A huge way I make space for breathing is to have everyone give me time alone in our home. 
  • I find refreshment visiting my favorite cafe as often as I possibly can.
  • Even getting out and about is kept at a minimum. I enjoy the non-rush hour times at my favorite places. I feel physically better if I haven't ventured too long. 1-2 hours is my best.
  • I can't even begin to describe how awesome solitude is for my creativity - writing, photography, music, our home, our meals and more.

I am His.
I embrace being perfectly imperfect as He holds me close.
I'm beginning to enjoy who I am now and who I am becoming.


Are you the kind of person that thrives in minimal outings and solitude? 
Do you thrive better out and about among many? 


The amazing thing of it all is this is another wonderful part of who you are. It makes you even more awesome! When you live out of who you truly are, you too will be at your best with and for the other people in your life.

p.s. I'm working toward offering life coaching soon! Keep me in prayer.

New hutch for new home office almost done
Shadow inspecting to make sure
As always, if you've silently popped in, thanks for being here and sharing in my every day.