Linger in the Good Memories of Friends

A good friend came to mind today. I let the memory of her fill me. I lingered there for a little while and joy overwhelmed.

I started thinking of all she'd done for me over our years of friendship. Like me, you probably have a few "good friends" like this. Aren't they amazing! God's love personified. Like the scriptures say, "a glimpse of God's love." She taught me selflessness and thoughtfulness. I've gained so much from her. 




Two significant memories:
She spent the first few months of my illness with me. David had to leave for work training 3 months into my condition. She came over every day and stayed with me as late as possible. 


David was in American Samoa for 3 weeks to help rebuild. They were building temporary school shelters for the kids. We hadn't been apart that long since 1996! She spent most of those weeks with me. 


When 4 became 2:
We were four good friends whose families were together all the time. The kids became adults, I got ill and  we had to start focusing on our families during this new season. We still reach out to each other for important prayer requests and icon events like engagements and grandchildren. We make effort to text or email to touch base. Every message is always signed, Love Your Sis. 


She was the last one to hang out with me for movies, lunches, dinners, and shopping before all the changes in our lives would take us on different paths. God had a reason she was the one. Thinking on those time totally made me smile.



What relationships bring:
I think it's so wonderful how God designed relationships so intricate and yet unique. Each relationship offering it's own gifts and challenges. Every friend that's ever been in my life had wonders of their own that they shared with me on a daily basis. Different laughs and cries, skills and talents, strengths and weaknesses. Every one of them even hugged differently. The praying together. The thoughtful surprises. It will forever make each of them special to me. 


Soul Refreshment:


Hebrews 12:14-17 ~ 
Work at getting along with each other and with God. Otherwise you'll never get so much as a glimpse of God. Make sure no one gets left out of God's generosity.



Hebrews 13:1-4 ~
Stay on good terms with each other, held together by love. Be ready with a meal or a bed when it's needed.
 



James 3:17-18 ~
Real wisdom, God's wisdom, begins with a holy life and is characterized by getting along with others. It is gentle and reasonable, overflowing with mercy and blessings, not hot one day and cold the next, not two-faced. You can develop a healthy, robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do the hard work of getting along with each other, treating each other with dignity and honor.



Your turn:
Does a special person fill your heart today? Linger in the memory of them. Do any special moments dance around your heart?


Will you take some time to drop them a note of appreciation and reminiscing?


With You in Mind:
You are good friend to someone as well. You fill their life with joy, love, and good company. You are amazing!


Thank You for being here:
Whether you leave a comment or just stop by to read, I want you to know I appreciate you being here.  I pray you find a part of God's little joys and small wonders that you can take into your every day.