{Dwell} :: The Unexpected ~ Thoughts and Memories

Dwelling...on thoughts and memories of possibilities and encouragement.


From my heart:
Every November, I don't even think and God will bring Pastor Glen to fill my memories. Once again, my dreams come alive. I'm filled with encouragement and God possibilities. 

Unexpected possibilities:
He just walked up to me. That day in October 2005. He said, "I see it in your eyes. God put a dream in your heart." Pastor Glen White was new to our church. His spirit permeated a father's heart. Full of life and full of joy. His face showed it all.

The following weeks he'd fill me with possibilities toward my dreams. He even took myself and our son under his wing to mentor. The heart of a father. He mentored us with so much joy and love.

Unexpected loss:
He thanked us, but already had plans for Thanksgiving weekend. "See you Sunday." A few days later the phone rang. A thoughtful friend realized who he was in our lives and broke the news. Pastor Glen slipped out of our lives and quickly as he entered. No wonder, God has us learn from him at such a fast pace and that we could retain it all. No wonder.

Unexpected joys:
Pastor Glen loved paddling canoe. He had the heart attack while he was paddling. I spent time with his wife over the following weeks. She shared how mentoring us put the twinkle back in his eyes. She told of how he came home every day so full and excited. He made future plans because his dreams were reignited through mentoring us. The pain was now replaced with joy so quickly. She let me know her life was touched by our family. I left her so full. In her pain, she breathed life words of joy.

Unexpected influences:
Dreams. Our dreams touch the lives of others without us even trying to. One person's dream sparks another to have one. A dream in someone's heart and reignite his/her dream that was tucked away for God's perfect day.



Thank You for letting me share with you today. This verse came to mind as I wrote.

Soul Refreshment:


Phillipians 4:8-9


~ Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. 


Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.




Today's topic "Unexpected" really dug into my soul. Visit Lisa-Jo's place for more unedited, impromptu writings by others.




*I'm dedicating November's life words to gratitude and dwelling.