Refreshing Day 11 ~ Mindful of Our Limits



Colossians 3:2 ~ Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. 
Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ - That's where the action is. See things from His perspective.

(ha ha...it does say February there. I know it's October ;-)
Discoverer's Day gifted David the day off from work. Reid hung out with Shadow and off we went. Off to shop, do errands, and hang out before coming back home to chores and my school projects.


We decided we'd split the day into 3 parts. First, the morning run. Second, home for lunch with Reid to catch up on his goings on. After he left for work, my projects. Third, head to town to finish a few more errands.

Shadow was more than satisfied to stay at home with his buddy, Reid again. Tail wagging accompanied by happy panting. 









So, return in hand, Whole Foods shopping list, and a plan to pick up Jeremy Camp's new book at Barnes and Noble invited us to part 3 of our holiday.

Not even a minute's drive down our street and...

JERI: "Are you tired?"
DAVID: tiredly nodding yes.
JERI: "I don't think I can do tonight."
DAVID: "How 'bout we do a few errands around here and then head home?"
JERI: reluctantly..."Ooooookaaaay" heavy sigh.

The heavy sigh was only because I was really looking forward to our "part 3" adventure. I couldn't believe the tired hit out of nowhere. Nevertheless, I'm so thankful we obeyed are limits. It would have been too much. 

Too much on the plate....Over doing it...
Biting off more than can be chewed...Spreading oneself thin...
Maxed out...Beyond exhausted...Zombied out...
Operating on auto pilot

You get the idea.

We're figuring out how much is too much for us in any way, shape or form. Whether it be visitors, outings, activities, tasks, or the day-to-day. The alternative to health, well-being, and joy is not an option. My digestion and immune system are still healing and I can't afford to trump my progress over the past few years. I've had enough "sick" days. 

We still don't have it down pat. Time with God and in His word definitely plays the key part in understanding our limits. 

Personally, I'm opting for still waters, slow flow, deep breaths, and mindfulness of my limits. 


Colossians 3:15 ~ Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other.



Let's take some time to find how much is too much for us and our families?



I can't wait to "talk story" about what you have or are experiencing in this area. 



Click the photo for more Days of Refreshing


Check out other 31 Dayers and their topics here


2 comments:

Katie said...

How much is to much? Well I think it depends on the day and how we are feeling each day. It takes being mindful of what is going on inside each of us.

Sometimes I don't know my limit until I have hit the wall and I am tired and snapping and not being nice. Other times, I pay attention to the signals that my body is saying and slow down.

Unknown said...

I hit that wall too. Ooh, not pretty....lol. Thanks for being straight up Katie.