A Valentine's Day for All

A favorite memory of mine as a single parent is of the boys and I going out to a fancy restaurant for Valentine's Day. They learned to open the door and pull out my chair for me along with those "eating out" manners. They looked so handsome all dressed up and using their knives like little men. I just loved it.

Another memory is us single friends going out together on Valentine's Day. We would act the fools and have a blast. Of course, the indulgent dessert was the "ooh and ah" of our evening. We had the best fun.

This will be our 17th Valentine's Day. David and I talk about how it used to be just a romantic holiday. But both coming from singles to married with children, we now see that love is given and received in so many different ways. Love comes in so many different forms.

Strangers, singles, friends, families, and marriages show the diversity of love freely given.

Today, I pray that the love Jesus has for you become more real deep in your soul and spirit. May his love root deeply in your heart so you will know every moment - You are truly loved just for who you are and right where you are at.

God Bless and have an amazing Valentine's Day. I had a blast writing this to you on the spur of the moment. Always in my heart and prayers -- Yes, you are.

From our hearts to yours: 


Ephesians 3:17-19 ~ 


And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! 
Test its length! 
Plumb the depths! 
Rise to the heights! 
Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.

A Gift from Ann at A Holy Experience: Counting joys in February. I hope to link each month for you all.