{Dwell} :: Kinks and Tweaks

Dwelling...on all that goes wrong magnifies the challenges. 


Side Story:
Social networks have brought us some challenges the last few weeks. The companies are adding new apps and tweaking out the kinks.

Meanwhile, multiple posts or drafts are being published rather than the normal. It always works out, but my first reaction is to get peeved.

We've recently been renovating our blog home and just so happens in the middle of all this are the site glitches. It had me frustrated to almost a little scream I must confess. Okay, big screams. Well, it all has me laughing now. But, I wasn't a few days ago.


Dwelling...on what I'm capable of and am able to do can be frustrating.


Our current story:
We've been dealing with tweaking the kinks in our home life and relationships. It's hard work! The small signs of progress build hope and bring rest a little more each time. The changes are necessary as we have new things going on in our family. Huge helpings of change are all around us and in us.

Past experiences always get in the way when you try to move forward. We hold memories of how "it's" always been or "he or she" always behaves. I hear myself thinking "Yeah right. We'll see if this (change) lasts." How rude of me, right?! It's only natural to go through this process as we take the next step in anything. We must choose to let go of the way we always perceive, expect, and respond for the beauty of change to refresh us.

Dwelling...on what He can do for me, in me and through me...mind, body, and soul rest.


His story for us:
One thing God keeps reminding me is that the old behavior will only change when I realize I can't do it myself. He's the master pro of tweaks and kinks. He'll work it out. I picture him as the best masseuse ever massaging my knots. His kneading renews my muscles and relaxes the tension.

I'm breathing again. The aches are relieved. Only God can do that. That's what His grace is all about.

By His Grace:
By His grace means with His help, in His strength. Him in us and through us. The beautiful thing of His grace is how it comes from the foundation of His love. He love us so much. He makes it possible for the kinks to be tweaked. We just need to give Him the time.



Soul Refreshment:
God holds the high center, he sees and sets the world's mess right.


God's kingdom isn't a matter of what you put in your stomach, for goodness' sake. It's what God does with your life as he sets it right, puts it together, and completes it with joy.

~Your Turn ~ 
Any kinks being tweaked in your life? How are you dealing with it? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it all.


*November's life words are dedicated to gratitude and dwelling.